If you want treatment for anxiety and you live in or near Phoenix, Mesa or Scottsdale, Arizona, call
Problems with anxiety can take several different forms each with a mixture of different symptoms—
- Ongoing Anxiety. Have you been feeling generally anxious and worried for some time now?
- Physical Symptoms. Do you have muscle aches, headaches or stomach problems? Are you easily tired out?
- Mental Symptoms. Do you have trouble concentrating? Does your mind go blank at times?
- Restlessness. Do you feel on edge? Do you startle easily?
- Irritability. Do you snap at people?
- Insomnia. Do you have problems falling or staying asleep?
- Panic Attacks. Do you have reoccurring panic attacks? Do your panic attacks make you afraid to go outside?
- Intrusive Thoughts. Do unwanted and unnecessary thoughts frequently intrude, such as worries that you've left a door unlocked, you're going to hurt someone, your hands are dirty or any other intrusive thought that causes you distress?
- Repetitive Behaviors. Do you perform certain actions repetitiously to avoid anxiety, even though you know the behavior doesn't really make sense?
- Traumatic Event. Have you witnessed or experienced a traumatic event or ongoing situation that is now causing you anxiety?
- Social Anxiety. Does your anxiety concern social situations?
- Phobias. Do you have extreme fear of certain objects or situations?
- Depression. Along with anxiety are you experiencing depression?
A Counselor Can Help
A counselor can help you—
- Learn Your Strengths. Discover that you have more ability to handle problems than you thought.
- Learn New Thought Patterns. Learn to think of the world in ways that reduce stress and worry.
- Solve Problems. Find practical solutions in the here-and-now to problems that have been bothering you.
- Improve Relationships. Find ways to reduce stress in relationships.
- Learn Relaxation Techniques. Guided imagery and deep breathing are skills that you can learn to use to relax.
- Overcome Phobias. Fear of specific objects or situations can be overcome through gradual exposure.
In some circumstance, you may also benefit from medication.
Benefits of Anxiety Disorder Treatment
Anxiety disorder treatment can have these benefits—
- Greater sense of efficacy and power
- More freedom to do what you want
- Greater happiness
Anxiety Treatment in the Phoenix Area
Skills to overcome anxiety can be learned. Deer Valley Counseling offers anxiety disorder counseling to people living in Phoenix, Glendale, Tempe, Mesa, Scottsdale and other cities in Arizona.
Untreated anxiety can have serious consequences. Counseling can often help. Call 602.750.8051 to discuss anxiety treatment options. If you are nervous about visiting the office you may want to take the virtual tour.
We answer the phones 7 days a week between the hours of 7 am and 8 pm. We are open evenings and weekends including both Saturday and Sunday.