If you want therapy for your child and you live in or near Phoenix, Arizona, call 602.750.8051.
Children can experience a variety of psychological problems. Some behaviors may be considered normal at one age but inappropriate at a later age.
- Behavior Problems
- Temper Tantrums. Does you child often express their anger in ways not appropriate for their age?
- Poor Impulse Control. Does your child have problems controlling their own behavior.
- Acting Out. Does your child get in trouble at school or other situations?
- Defiant. Does your child constantly talk back and refuse to obey or else give you the silent treatment?
- Impossible to Discipline. Have all your old ways of disciplining quit working?
- Bully. Does your child bully other children?
- Family Problems
- Family Conflict. Is your child involved in power struggles in the family?
- Parent Conflict. Is your child affected by conflict between you and your significant other?
- Adoption. Is your child affected by their own or a siblings adoption?
- Medical Problems. Is a medical problem in the family affecting your child?
- Divorce. Is a divorce affecting your child's emotional well-being?
- Anxiety and Depression
- Social Anxiety. Is your child fearful in social situations?
- Separation Anxiety. Does you child experience extreme anxiety when separated from you?
- Depressed. Is your child sad and fearful much of the time? Not interested in fun activities?
- Bereavement and Trauma
- Bereavement. Has your child suffered the loss of someone close to them?
- Victim. Was your child the victim of physical or sexual abuse?
- Trauma. Has your child experienced a traumatic event?
- Other Problems
- Hyperactive. Does your child exhibit an extreme level of restlessness and inability to pay attention?
- Peer Problems. Does your child have trouble with other children?
- Academic Problems. Is your child having trouble at school?
- Bedwetting. Does your child frequently wet the bed at an age where this is not usual?
- Eating Difficulties. Does your child exhibit eating problems such as eating strange substances, not eating enough or overeating to an extreme degree?
Child Counseling Can Help
- Play Therapy. Letting the child play with objects, dolls and scenes allows the therapist to interact with the child in an arena that the child understands.
- Feelings. The therapist can help your child learn to express their feelings appropriately.
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy. With older children, cognitive-behavioral therapy can help the child reinterpret the world and chose different behaviors.
- Family Dynamics. The therapist can help the family learn how to help the child overcome their difficulties.
Benefits of Child Therapy
- Happier child
- Child better able to progress through normal childhood developmental stages
- Child more successful with peers, academics and sports
- More enjoyable family interactions
Child Therapy in the Phoenix and Tucson Areas
Child counseling can help your child overcome problems they are experiencing. Deer Valley Counseling offers counseling to children living in Phoenix, Glendale, Mesa, Chandler, Scottsdale, Tucson and other cities in Arizona. Children can experience a wide variety of problems. Counseling can help. Call 602.750.8051 if you would like to talk about counseling options. In Tucson, call 520.661.9234.
We answer the phones 7 days a week between the hours of 7 am and 8 pm. We are open evenings and weekends including both Saturday and Sunday.