If you want to improve the quality of your marriage and live in or near Phoenix, Chandler or Scottsdale, Arizona, call 602.750.8051. In Tucson, call 520.661.9234.
- Frequent Arguments.
Do you and your spouse have frequent arguments that lead nowhere?
- Lack of Intimacy. Do you need more closeness and togetherness than you are getting?
- Disrespect. Does one or both of you disrespect the other?
- Problems with Decision Making. Do you have trouble working together as a team to make important decisions?
- Arguments Over Child-Rearing Practices. Are your approaches to raising a family in conflict?
- Differences Regarding Finances. Do you disagree on how the family finances should be managed?
- Sexual Problems. Are one or both partners' sexual needs not being met?
- Quick Fixes Don't Seem to Work. Do techniques, tricks, and quick fixes that you may have read about, seen on TV, or accessed online just not seem to be working?
- Biased Advice. Did the last counselor you saw take sides?
A Marriage Counselor Can Help
The partners in a marriage need skills to resolve differences without hurting each other. A marriage needs activities to strengthen the relationship, so it can withstand the ups and downs of life. An unbiased marriage counselor can help you—
- Develop Skills to Resolve Arguments Healthily. To resolve arguments both of you must learn to listen to the other person, state your needs clearly and openly, and be willing to together seek a solution that is best for both of you.
- Assertiveness Training. Each partner in a relationship needs to be able to state their needs in a healthy way.
- Active Listening. Each partner needs to be able to listen to the other person and understand what they are saying.
- Process Unresolved Issues. Your therapist can help you process old, unresolved issues, clearing the way to focus on improving the current relationship.
- Build a Healthy Relationship. For a relationship to be successful, the positives must outweigh the negatives. Your therapist will give you assignments and relationship advice to bring back the joy you once had in the relationship.
- Build Trust. To have a healthy relationship, each partner must earn the trust of the other partner.
The techniques, skills and habits for a successful, happy marriage can be learned. It is helpful for a couple to interact with a therapist who can monitor your progress, referee arguments, teach you the skills you need to succeed, offer objective feedback and encouragement, and help you turn theory into lifelong habits to improve all your relationships.
Benefits of Marriage Counseling
Marriage counseling has the potential to improve your relationship in these ways—
- Resolve conflicts without fighting
- Renew your friendship, love, and intimacy with your spouse
- Reduce stress
- Establish trust
- Improve life for other members of the family
- Develop a sense of stability and satisfaction
Marriage Counseling in the Phoenix and Tucson Areas
Effective relationship skills can be learned. Deer Valley Counseling offers marriage counseling to couples living in Phoenix, Glendale, Mesa, Chandler, Scottsdale, Tucson and other cities in Arizona. All marriages can run in to difficulties from time to time. Marriage counseling can often help. Call 602.750.8051 if you would like to discuss marriage counseling options. In Tucson, call 520.661.9234.
We answer the phones 7 days a week between the hours of 7 am and 8 pm. We are open evenings and weekends including both Saturday and Sunday.